- Monday, December 19th 4-6pm: Lantern cleaning and filling. We need about 5 people.
- January 1st, 2017: cabin hosts, lantern lighting, parking lot help. We need about 15 people.
Click to view a .pdf of our Fall 2016 Newsletter!
Did you know that there’s a Club Membership Contest in BC and that Revelstoke might win if you register as a club member before December 1st?
Be sure to come to Members’ Night (November 7th @ The Lodge, 5-8pm) or register online using Zone4. Here is the link to the RNSC Zone 4 Registration Page.
RNSC could win equipment and other prizes for our club if we register the most members in our category.
Here’s an update from Cross-Country BC on the contest:
Additional supporters of our sport have stepped up, including SIDAS, ROSSIGNOL, and DIAMOND HEAD SPORTS (VAUHTI, BLIZ, HALTI). This is in addition to the previously announced FISCHER, SWIX, SALOMON, TYAX ADVENTURES, SOVEREIGN LAKE & SILVERSTAR.
For example, Rossignol is donating a fleet of kids ski gear (skis, boots, poles). Either 10 combi packages or 20 classic packages, whichever the winning club chooses.
Full details on our website: http://www.crosscountrybc.ca/club-membership-contest-%E2%80%93-prize-giveaway
The last day of Club operations will be Saturday, April 2nd.
That means that after Saturday, the lodge and ticket office will be closed and the trails will not be groomed, and no first aid supplies out on the trails. But feel free to ski as long as your little heart desires.
It’s been a great season, thanks for sharing it with us!
Come share a meal with RNSC members on Sunday, April 3rd at 5pm at the Community Centre.
There will be delicious food and good company, as well as:
- Awards for young and old– Ski League participants, Heroes of the Headlamps, and Masters of the Masters.
- A slide show
- A Lost and Found Silent Auction! We will be selling Lost and Found items to the highest bidder, with all proceeds going to the Club
Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- If you can help with set-up or take-down
- Number in your party
- Your anticipated contribution:
- Families, please bring a salad & main dish OR main dish & dessert
- Singles, please bring a salad, main, OR dessert
- Any photo contributions to the slideshow
A giant thank you to all the volunteers, skiers and spectators who made this year’s Tropical Team Scream an event to remember. The costumes, the racing, the food, the timing, the marshalling, the parking, the Bunny Race, the registration, the bib prep, the cookie medals, the first-aid, the awards and prizes, the poster artwork, the sound system, the photography, the grooming, the clean-up… there were over 30 volunteers and 85 racers! High-fives all around! And another one to the sun – that eventually burned through the clouds and turned the day truly tropical! – Eleanor Wilson
A very big THANK YOU to Eleanor for bringing such a great event together; we all had a great time!
- February 27th
- Tropical theme! Dress up! It will be fun!
- Choose a partner and each skier does one lap around Mickey’s Loop.
- It is free for members!
- It will be much easier for our volunteer organizers if you sign up ahead of time, but there will be one last chance to sign up on race day between 9:30 and 10:30. Sign up at this link.
- This event is for adults and children: the more people that participate, the more fun we will have!
- More details are available here.
Our wind-up Potluck Dinner will be on Sunday April 3rd, at 5pm at the Community Centre. The potluck is for all of the general membership.
We are applying for CBT local initiatives grants. We are trying to secure funds for some much needed safety equipment for race hosting, as well as asset preservation materials for our day lodge and maintenance building. On Tuesday, March 15th, we will present this information, and attendees are able to vote on the projects. This voting counts towards the decision to fund our project. Therefore, we would love you to attend on March 15th and support the RNSC, as well as other great local clubs and initiatives.
Our Annual General Meeting will be held on Thursday, April 14th at 7pm at the day lodge. This is an important opportunity to speak with board members and learn about the direction the club is heading. We will also be electing next years board members. We have a few vacancies on our board that we need to fill. If you are interested in joining our board, or would like more information about being a board member, please contact us at email@example.com.
Elementary and High School Nordic Programs
VOLUNTEER HIGHLIGHT: COACHES
Revelstoke Nordic Ski Club – Rescue Plan
for Mount Macpherson Ski Trails
The Nordic trails are not patrolled
Ski at your own Risk
Emergency (Fire, Ambulance, Police, SAR) 911
Revelstoke Nordic Lodge 250-814-4264
Mt Macpherson Ski Area is located 7 kilometers south of the Trans Canada Highway on Highway 23 South (address is 2265 Hwy 23 South).
For emergencies needing transport off the ski trails call 911, describe the nature and location of the emergency and ask for Search and Rescue.
- Unless trained individuals are available the injured person should not be moved until SAR attends.
- First Aid packs with blankets and first aid kits are kept at the Ole Sandberg Cabin and in the Day Lodge Office. There is also a rescue pack located in a box at the bottom of Hydro Hill. If the victim cannot ski out on their own, use these packs to keep the victim warm until Search and Rescue can assist them.
- Between 9 am and 3 pm contact the Nordic Lodge at 837-4264 to report the accident. The Lodge Attendant may be able to assist with rescue.
- The RNSC owns a snowmobile equipped with a toe bar and a rescue toboggan that are stored in the maintenance building.
- The snowmobile is only to be driven by individuals that are familiar with snowmobile operation.
- Only trained first aid attendants are to use the rescue toboggan to transport injured persons.
- After rescue services have been contacted, please contact the club manager at 250-814-4264 to report the accident.
What is your favourite thing about skiing at the Macpherson Ski Trails with the Revelstoke Nordic Club? Capture it in a photo and it could end up on the front of the new brochure! We are updating the brochure, and thought we would put it to you to find a photo that really says, “I love nordic skiing here, want to join?!”
So get out the cameras, because the GRAND PRIZE for the photo that ends up on the font is an ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP for 2016-17 (value of $150).
Submit photos to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name in the file name.
But submitting one or many photos, you are granting permission for the club to use the photo in the future on posters, in publications, the website, other social media sites, and advertising purposes. We will credit you when the photo gets used for these purposes.