Ski Maintenance Videos
A few video resources for those that may be new to ski waxing.
- Ironing and Wax Application (The most important part is to not burn the bases – most waxes the iron only needs to be 120-130C)
- Brushing Skis (This is a little extra – I use a soft metal brush like bronze and a white nylon)
- Grip Wax Application
- Klister Application
- Cleaning Classic Skis
- The Swix school: How to prepare skis
Nordiq Canada Athlete Development
- LTAD Guidebook: http://www.crosscountrybc.ca/sites/default/files/documents/CCC_ENG_Final.pdf
The LTAD model is based on the physical, mental, emotional and cognitive development of children and adolescents. It is an inclusive concept that encourages all individuals to be involved in lifelong activity and articulates the need for all children, particularly those that have the capacity and interest to become elite athletes, to be given a solid foundation in physical, technical, tactical and mental capacities upon which to build their performance abilities.
- LTAD Brochures/Poster: http://crosscountrybc.ca/sites/default/files/documents/LTAD-brochure.pdf
Nordiq Canada’s Skill Development Program (SDP) progression.