Nordiq Canada Toolbox for Coaches
- Athlete Development Matrix: https://nordiqcanada.ca/coaches-and-wax-techs/coaches/coaching-resources-for-athlete-development/athlete-development-matrix-resources/
The Athlete Development Matrix provides the development tools coaches need to create lifelong skiers (including future world champions). In addition to pathway benchmarks and development standards, you have access to hundreds of activities, videos, tutorials, testing protocols and more.
- Technique Videos: https://nordiqcanada.ca/coaches-and-wax-techs/coaches/coaching-resources-for-athlete-development/athlete-development-matrix-technique-videos/
- LTAD Guidebook: http://www.crosscountrybc.ca/sites/default/files/documents/CCC_ENG_Final.pdf
The LTAD model is based on the physical, mental, emotional and cognitive development of children and adolescents. It is an inclusive concept that encourages all individuals to be involved in lifelong activity and articulates the need for all children, particularly those that have the capacity and interest to become elite athletes, to be given a solid foundation in physical, technical, tactical and mental capacities upon which to build their performance abilities.
- LTAD Brochures/Poster: http://crosscountrybc.ca/sites/default/files/documents/LTAD-brochure.pdf
Nordiq Canada’s Skill Development Program (SDP) progression.
- Ski Playgrounds/Terrain Parks: http://www.crosscountrybc.ca/sites/default/files/documents/CC%20RM%20Ski%20Playgrounds_0.pdf
Sample On Snow Lesson Plans
On Snow Techniques *aggregate of resources with permission from Nakkertok & Caledonia
RNSC Sample Lesson Plans
Caledonia Sample Lesson Plans
Assessment information is used to determine stickers, report card content, and progression. Please ensure that you do the following for each athlete on your team:
- Take notes on areas of improvement and strengths
- Make note of what techniques have been attained for the level
- Have a 50m or 100m timed sprint result (Jackrabbits only, for the Becky Scott awards)
- Ask your athletes to learn about their poster and what awards they can earn
Report cards should be given to skiers before the last day of skiing. Awards can be given out throughout the season if that is easier for you.
RNSC Report Card Templates
Ski Maintenance Videos
A few video resources for those that may be new to ski waxing: