Policies and Constitution
You can download and read our complete RNSC Policy Manual and our complete RNSC Constitution using the links below:
General Rules and Etiquette for Members and Guests:
- Obey all signs and ski within your ability.
- Pack out all garbage, do not litter.
- If you happen to fall, fill in your hole and fix the track.
- Avoid herringbone on set tracks.
- When stopping, move to the side of the trail.
- Nordic skiers coming downhill have the right-of-way.
- Slower skiers should give way to faster skiers.
- Faster skiers should give a courteous warning when passing slower skiers.
- When skiing in a group, please travel in single file and ensure that you do not block the trail for others.
Dogs and Dog Owners
Dog owners are responsible for their dog’s behaviour.
The owner of a dog is responsible for maintaining control over their pet and to be in abidance of any bylaws etc. that govern having a pet in public. If a skier is interfered with by a dog and suffers bodily injury, and they sue the dog owner and the club for damages, the club will be fully protected under the CCC/CCBC liability insurance policy. However, the owner of the dog has no protection and is personally responsible for their dog’s actions just as they would be in other similar settings.
In consideration of other trail users, please respect the following rules:
- Dogs are not permitted inside the lodge or on the deck. Please do not tie your dog to the lodge.
- Individuals are allowed to ski with a maximum of two dogs on the designated dog trail(s).
- Dog-friendly trails are: Roadway Ramble, Easy Al’s, BCIT and Connectors – Short Hop, Ellie’s
- Back-country skiers accessing the Fingers must travel on Main Loop and Mountain Climb (ascending AND descending) and dogs must be on a leash while travelling on these two groomed trails. Dogs are welcome to travel off leash once you leave the RNSC trail network.
- Dogs must be under control at all times either by reliable recall or leashed.
- The Parking Lot and Stadium Area is a MANDATORY ON LEASH area for all dogs at all times.
- Please respect that the parking lot is shared with children and other members. Dogs must be on leash within 200 meters of the parking lot.
- Special care should be taken on Saturday mornings during Ski League activities.
- Any dog poop must be removed from the trail, preferably with the provided trowels.
- Policy infractions will be investigated by the RNSC dog liaison and reviewed by the board of directors.
- Please use designated snowshoe trails. Some of the summer bike trails may be usable, but these are not maintained by the club.
- Snowshoeing (or walking in your boots) is not permitted on groomed trails, except where snowshoe trails cross over XC trails. At these points, all users should exercise caution and respect.
- Backcountry skiers use terrain beyond the RNSC trail network at their own risk.
- Groups should be capable of self-rescue and trained to travel in avalanche terrain.
- Ascending and descending, backcountry skiers should only use Main Loop and Mountain Climb trails. While on these two RNSC groomed trails, skiers travelling with a dog must have it on a leash at all times.
- If you travel on any other groomed trails, use the dog loop, or visit the Ole Sandberg Cabin you should purchase a trail pass ($11) for each member in your party.
- Please travel in a manner that does not block the trail for others or do damage to our groomed tracks.
- Fat-tire biking is not allowed on RNSC groomed trails.