March 2nd, 2017
Greetings Nordic Folk!
Here’s some Nordic news to get March off to a great start!
Team Scream – Saturday, March 4th
Get your costumes ready! Revelstoke Nordic’s very own Team Scream race is this Saturday.
You can race solo and complete the skiathalon course (one classic lap, one skate lap), or you can make a team and race one lap each as a “Dynamic Duo”. Here are the details:
- The race consists of two laps of Mickey Olsen (3.75km) and can be done in teams of two as a relay OR as a single skier (skiathlon).
- There will be prizes for best costume*, tough cookie and random draw prizes.
- *The costume theme is “Dynamic Duos“. E.g. Sonny and Cher, salt and pepper, Batman and Robin, Sugar and Spice, Day and Night….
- Main race starts at 11:00 a.m.
- Bunnies start time is 10:15 a.m. (warm-up at 10:00 a.m.) Bunnies can choose to ski Titan or laps around the Stadium.
- Free Chilli lunch!
Please register online BEFORE March 4th if you can! It really helps the volunteers who are organizing the event.
Here’s the link for the online registration: https://goo.gl/
Last minute registrations will be taken the morning of the race between 9:30-10:00 a.m. in the lodge. Contact Eleanor Wilson (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Sarah Newton ([email protected]) for details about this fun race.
Wondering about Wax?
There is now a white board on the wax room door on the lower level of the lodge. It’s a place to share information about what wax worked well for the present conditions. So if your wax was great for your ski, please share with other skiers who might need some advice about how to wax. Sharing is caring!
‘Nordic Norm’ represents Revelstoke at Gatineau Loppet
Congratulations to Norm Tennant for racing the 51km Gatineau Loppet, a race that is part of the Worldloppet Tour. With a time of 4:20:22.2, Norm secured a top ten result in the M60-64 category. Be sure to ask him about it if you can catch him on our trails!
RNSC Takes 2nd Place at the BC Midget Championships
It was a fantastic weekend for all of our young racers at the Midgets. Congratulations team! Be sure to read Matt Smider’s article in the Revelstoke Mountaineer.
“The Last Headlamp Hero”
No, that is not a movie about to play at the Roxy. It is a reminder that next Wednesday (March 8th) is the final race of the Headlamp Hero Series. Come on out and join the fun! Here are the details:
- Wednesday, March 8th: Skate Mass Start
- 2.5km, 5km and 10km
- Registration from 6-6:30pm; Racing at 7pm
- $2 for members
- Draw prizes donated by Skookum!
See you on the trails!