Ready to join a program?
Update: December 14th – all youth programs are back on! Coaches will email with session details!
Please review our COVID Return to Sport Plan: On-Snow Programs.
Registration is now open for the 2020-21 season! Registration for our Rabbits programs is full.
Please note Club Memberships are mandatory for all participants and they can be purchased through a separate registration.
New for 2020-21! We have ski, boots and poles available to lend out to Bunnies, Rabbits, Trailblazers and Track Attack skiers for the season. Sizes and quantities are limited (particularly limited in Bunny sizes). There is no cost to use gear. Please contact Brendan MacIntosh at email@example.com or Matt Smider at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange.
RNSC aims to lessen the barriers for children to join cross-country activities. If you would like your child(ren) to participate but are experiencing barriers such as program costs, transportation or otherwise, please do not hesitate to contact Brendan or Matt to discuss options.
Bunnies Program (Ages 4 – 5)
Focus on fun and introduces basic movement skills on skis. January 2nd – March 6th, 2021.
- Bunnies (Ages 4 – 5) Saturdays 10:30-11:30am. 10 sessions. $50.
Use this link for more information about the Bunnyrabbit Program.
Jackrabbits Program (Ages 6 – 9)
Provides skiers with the fundamental skills of classic and skating technique in a fun and playful environment. November 28th, 2020 to March 6th, 2021.
- Jackrabbits level 1 (Age 6) Saturdays 9:45am to 11:30pm. 14 sessions. $75.
- Jackrabbits levels 2-4 (Ages 7–9) Saturdays 9:45am to 12:00pm and Tuesdays 4:00pm to 5:00pm. 27 sessions. $100.
- Jackrabbits levels 2-4 (Ages 7–9) Tuesdays Only 4:00pm-5:00pm. Starts December 3rd, 2019. 13 sessions. $75.
Use this link for more information about the Jackrabbit Program.
Trailblazers (Ages 10 and up)
For skiers who want exposure to adventure activities (eg avalanche awareness, environmental survival). We continue technique development for the recreational skier.
- Saturdays 9:45 am to 12:00 pm. November 28th 2020 – March 6th 2021. $125
Use this link for more information about Trailblazers.
Track Attack (Ages 9 – 12)
Aims to produce technically competent Nordic skiers, focusing on skiing for fun while enhancing fitness and providing an introduction to training and competition.
- TA1: Starts November 28th 2020 (on-snow). Tuesday and Thursday from 4 – 6pm, Saturday from 9:30am – 12pm. 3x/week. $200
- TA2: Starts September 8th 2020 (dryland and on-snow). Tuesday and Thursday from 4 – 5:30pm, Saturday from 9:30am – 12pm (dryland). Same times as TA1 on-snow. 3x/week. $300
Use this link for more information about Track Attack.
Junior Development (Ages 12-18)
Aims to produce technically competent Nordic skiers, focusing on skiing for fitness and competition. Opportunities to compete at provincial and national-level competitions. Includes race support and access to age-appropriate components of integrated support team.
- JD1 (YOB 2008<): Starts July 2020. 2x/week for July/August; 4x/week from September onwards. $600
- JD2 (YOB 2003-06): Starts May 2020. 1-2x/week for May/June; 3x/week for July/August; 4x from September onwards. $800
Use this link for more information about Junior Development.