Revelstoke Nordic Ski Club needs you
The Revelstoke Nordic Ski Club and its predecessor the Revelstoke Ski Club, has been in existence for over 100 years. For all of that time, hundreds of volunteers have offered up their time and energy to sit on the Club’s Executive. This continuous, ever changing make up of the Executive is the key to the Clubs success over all of these years. Each year, the Executive has vacant positions that need to be filled. This year the positions are:
- Overall direction and responsibility for club activities.
- Chairs meetings, sets agendas.
- Ensures that Directors meet their responsibilities.
- Represents Club to government and other agencies.
- Works with treasurer and Secretary to file reports to government agencies, funders and Society.
- Coordinates fundraising and writes Grant applications.
- Personnel –ensures that all paid staff have a job description, recent criminal record check and annual performance evaluation.
- Is an ex-officio member of all committees.
- Has signing authority.
Director of Facilities
- Responsible for maintenance of Day Lodge, Maintenance Shop and all other buildings.
- Supervises any construction or repair projects to these buildings.
- Supervises the Custodian.
- Coordinates with the Ticket Office Coordinator.
- Responsible for reading the log book and dealing with the feedback.
- Coordinates lodge rentals.
Director –Special Events
- Chairs special events committee
- Events include but not limited to Lantern Ski, Team Scream Race, Club Races, Regional Races,
Director – Adult Programs
- Coordination of adult ski programs
- Coordination of masters racing program
- Coordinates Adult yoga program
- Organises clinics eg Coach training, waxing
- Works with the Coordinator of the Parent and Tot program
The Club Executive is elected at the AGM each year in April. A term on the Executive is for 2 years. If the Club is to continue thrive and grow into the future, it needs new individuals that bring new ideas and enthusiasm to the board. Please consider putting your name forward to become a member of the Executive. For further information, please contact any member of the Executive.