Zone4 Event Page
A Letter from the Chief of Race:
Happy New Year Athletes, Coaches and Parents,
We’re looking forward to seeing you here in Revelstoke on Sunday 2nd January 2022. Because Revelstoke currently has one of the highest rates of Covid19 infections in the province, we’re taking some additional precautions to keep all participants and volunteers safe. Some administrative details prior to arrival are below, please share these with your team’s athletes, coaches, volunteers and parents:
- All athletes aged 12 and older, coaches, technicians, support staff, and volunteers MUST be double vaccinated with a Canadian Government approved COVID Vaccine. Confirmation of vaccine status will be mandatory before they can access the venue on race day. Most of you have uploaded QR codes during the registration process. For those that haven’t, please email these to Koreen before 5pm Saturday Jan 1 or, show proof of vaccine on arrival at Revelstoke Nordic. Bibs may be withheld from pickup if proof of vaccine has not been submitted in advance.
- No indoor spaces will be available, porta-potties will be provided at the NW corner of the parking lot near the finish area. At this stage, we are expecting temperatures to be between -12 and -7 on race day, so plan your visit accordingly.
- There will be no concession on site, please bring your own food and drink.
- We encourage all athletes, volunteers, coaches and spectators to wear masks when not racing, particularly when speaking with volunteers or in areas of congestion.
- Pre-skiing will be available on the courses on Saturday, however the stadium will not be set up, (there will be signs indicating the approx location of start and finish areas). Revelstoke Nordic is hosting an annual lantern ski, (modified due to Covid) on Saturday evening and we expect a large number of visitors to the club during the evening, as such, please do not leave valuables in the stadium area or wax tents.
- Families visiting are welcome to ski on Saturday evening but would require day passes to be purchased. The evening lantern ski is meant as an experience rather than a social event, attendees are asked to ski, enjoy and leave without congregating.
- We are expecting snow starting Saturday, and through Sunday, the timing and amount of snow before the race is uncertain at this stage, however there is a snowfall warning in place for the highways to the east and west of Revelstoke. Please plan your travel accordingly – https://www.theweathernetwork.
- Bib pickup will be available at the groomer shed between 0830 and 1000 on Sunday.
- Parking is limited and our facility is likely to be popular on race day with non-race visitors enjoying our trails and accessing the backcountry. Please allow plenty of time before your race for parking, there is a drop off loop near the lodge, and a public shuttle bus is available, arriving at 10:52 & 13:17, departing at 11:05, 13:30 & 15:00 – single ride is $4 (exact change).
- Race maps are available on the club website – https://www.revelstokenordic.
- Warm up and wax testing areas will be available while the race is in progress on roadway ramble and up main loop via the trail above the stadium, see map.
- Awards will be done differently than in previous years, we’re planning on rolling awards by age category, particularly for the Teck award ages. For other categories, we may send out prizes or have coaches collect to allow folks to get on the road.
- We have one course change to note; U18 Women change to 1 x 5km.
- In accordance with OK Cup technical guidelines, athletes are not seeded, the draw is random.
- Start list will be available by Saturday morning.
We’re looking forward to seeing you on Sunday!
The Revelstoke Nordic Ski Club would like to thank our local sponsors for this race: