Revelstoke Nordic Ski Club – Rescue Plan
for Mount Macpherson Ski Trails
The Nordic trails are not patrolled
Ski at your own Risk
Emergency (Fire, Ambulance, Police, SAR) 911
Revelstoke Nordic Lodge 250-814-4264
Mt Macpherson Ski Area is located 7 kilometers south of the Trans Canada Highway on Highway 23 South (address is 2265 Hwy 23 South).
For emergencies needing transport off the ski trails call 911, describe the nature and location of the emergency and ask for Search and Rescue.
- Unless trained individuals are available the injured person should not be moved until SAR attends.
- First Aid packs with blankets and first aid kits are kept at the Ole Sandberg Cabin and in the Day Lodge Office. If the victim cannot ski out on their own, use these packs to keep the victim warm until Search and Rescue can assist them.
- Between 9 am and 3 pm contact the Nordic Lodge at 837-4264 to report the accident. The Lodge Attendant may be able to assist with rescue.
- The RNSC owns a snowmobile equipped with a toe bar and a rescue toboggan that are stored in the maintenance building.
- The snowmobile is only to be driven by individuals that are familiar with snowmobile operation.
- Only trained first aid attendants are to use the rescue toboggan to transport injured persons.
- After rescue services have been contacted contact one of the following to report the accident:
Keith McNabb (RNSC Secretary) (250) 837-5910
Dave Kaegi (RNSC Past President) (250) 837-8574
Natelle Fitzgerald (Club Manager) (250) 837-8858
Matt Smider (Club Coach) (250) 683-9012
Updated February 2014