Skip to content
- Obey all signs and ski within your ability.
- Pack out all garbage, do not litter.
- If you happen to fall, fill in your hole and fix the track.
- Avoid herringbone on set tracks.
- When stopping, move to the side of the trail.
- Nordic skiers coming downhill have the right-of-way.
- Slower skiers should give way to faster skiers.
- Faster skiers should give a courteous warning when passing slower skiers.
- When skiing in a group, please travel in single file and ensure that you do not block the trail for others.
- Please use designated snowshoe trails. Some of the summer bike trails may be usable, but these are not maintained by the club.
- Snowshoeing (or walking in your boots) is not permitted on groomed trails, except where snowshoe trails cross over XC trails. At these points, all users should exercise caution and respect.
- Ascending and descending, backcountry skiers should only use Main Loop and Mountain Climb trails, and stay within the wands. Those skiers travelling with a dog must have it on a leash at all times. If you travel on any other trails, use the dog loop, or visit the Ole Sandberg Cabin you should purchase a trail pass ($11) for each member in your party.
- Fat-tire biking is not allowed on RNSC groomed trails.
- Tobogganing is not an ‘official’ activity at our club. However, we recognize that this is a fun, winter activity for families after a ski.
- Please do not use the trails or hills in the stadium area.
- Exercise caution at all times.
- The ‘Terrain Park’ is the designated area for building jumps, playing in the snow, and tobogganing.
- Be respectful of our groomed trails and watch for skiers as they approach the lodge on the Mickey Olsen loop.